In 1942 Sisters went to teach in Tracadie. Their first home was called the King House, after a former owner of the home. This was an inconvenient old house, situated about a mile from the school and the sisters did not have a car, so the next year other arrangements had to be made. Also two different teaching-sisters were sent to Tracadie, namely Sister Margaret Devereux and Sister Carmelita Soloman.
The Weekly Examiner and Island Argus. November 21,1884.
Splendid New Farm Buildings.
On the eastern shore of Bedford Day is picturesquely situated the residence of John Archibald Macdonald Esq. It bears the name "Glenaladale" in honor of Captain John Macdonald, the Laird, or proprietor of an estate which yet bears the same name in Scotland.
Built in the late 1800's, the Donaldston Church stood next to the cemetery on the Donaldston Rd. The first burial in the cemetery was a gentleman by the name of Vincent Bell, February 19, 1878. Though it was originally a Methodist Church, in 1925 it bacame a member of The United Church of Canada. In the 1970's the old church was dismantled and moved off the property.