The Anna MacDonald
The Anna Macdonald was built at Cardigan Wharf by Duncan MacLaren of Cardigan for John A. Macdonald also of Cardigan. She had a gross tonnage of 185 and after being in service for four years she was wrecked off Cape Prospect, N.S. in 1924.
Maiden voyage: Crew - Capt. Daniel J. Macdonald of Cardross, Mate - Peter McCormack of Launching, Steward - William Thornton of Georgetown, Seamen - John A. McKinnon and James McDonald of New Port and Abraham Shepherd of Newfoundland who joined the ship in Sydney. They were six months at sea, from October 1920 to April 1921, starting with a short trip to Sydney and returning with a cargo of coal. She then went back to Sydney with produce, sailed next from New Campbellton, Cape Breton with a cargo of coal for Port of Spain, Trinidad. From there loaded a cargo of mahogany for New York and from New York she sailed for Baltimore where she loaded a cargo of fertilizer for Charlottetown.
The Anna Macdonald traded for her owner until she was wrecked in a violent wind storm on Kitty Witty shoals off Prospect N.S. in August, 1924 with no trace of Capt. W.A. Miller and the crew.
More pictures of the Anna MacDonald Below:
All of the information on this page was given to us courtesy of the
Cardigan River Heritage Center which is Located at
4537 Wharf Road