Tignish Regional High School
The Tignish Regional High School was built in 1958 with the main thanks to the M.L.A. Hubert Gaudet and because of the support by people such as the Sisters of Notre Dame. The school was built opposite of the St. Simon & St. Jude Church.
The school officially opened on January 29, 1960. It held classrooms, labratories, auditorium, and a staff room. The first principle was Sr. Elizabeth Mahar (C.N.D., B.A., B.E.D.).
In the year 1979 Westisle Composite High School officially opened, and all high school students from the surrounding communities transferred. In return the Dalton School closed and all of their students transferred to the former Tignish Regional High School.